Here is what you can expect as a BCT member:
- Free and unlimited entry to all BCT playgroups:
Check out the schedule and reserve your spot here.
- Free or discounted tickets to special events, nature walks, workshops and more.
- Information for Families in Basel:
- Financial Discounts from local BCT partner businesses. (english schools, fitness/nutrition, kids classes and more). Example discounts here.
- The BCT recommendations list, a personalized compilation of doctors, daycare centers, activities, and other valuable resources recommended by our volunteer team.
- Three helpful booklets provided exclusively to our BCT members: Having a Baby in Basel, Need to Know Family Resources, and Early Years Education
All of the above resources can be accessed through our members-only section of the website. Simply log in using the username and password you created during your membership purchase.
- Antenatal and postnatal support: Susie Atkinson is the BCT’s antenatal teacher and postnatal supporter. She co-leads the BCT Bumps and Babes playgroup where you can find advice and support for expecting parents and parents of young babies. Additionally, Susie teaches various educational courses including a prenatal group classes, one to one sessions, Relax Stretch and Breathe Prenatal Yoga classes for pregnant women, and Mother and Baby Yoga. BCT Members are entitled to a discount to the Connected and Contented Baby course or to one free Prenatal RSB or Mother and Baby Yoga class as part of their membership. More about Susies classes at https://www.mignonbaby.com
- Neighborhood Groups: Many areas have established BCT neighborhood groups where BCT members can share local info and organize local meet-ups via the BCT neighborhood WhatsApp groups. See the BCT neighborhood maps here. For information about your neighborhood please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Opportunities: At the BCT, we thrive on the spirit of volunteering and community engagement. We greatly appreciate your contribution in making our organization a success. Volunteering offers an excellent opportunity to meet new people and get involved. Contact our volunteer coordinator: email@example.com for more information.
- Monthly Newsletter: As a part of your membership you will receive a monthly newsletter with upcoming events and info for the BCT. For even more up to date information you are also welcome to follow us on the BCT Facebook page or on Instagram.
BCT memberships are available at a cost of 55 CHF for 6-months and 99 CHF for 12-months.
Non-members are welcome at all BCT activities and programs, but will be required to pay full-price tickets.
Being a member of the BCT has many advantages. They offer so many fun adventures and informative events. The only challenge is to fit them all into your schedule! We especially love the casual get-togethers at playgroup and the new webinars offering insight into everyday concerns.
Sarah, Mom of 3
I’ve been taking my son (now 15 months) to the Monday BCT playgroup for the last 6 months, almost every week. It’s a great space for him to play and meet other children. The volunteers do amazing work running the group. I love the atmosphere. We always feel welcome and included. Beyond the playgroups the BCT organizes many other activities. Now that Leo is becoming a better walker we are looking forward to joining one of the upcoming nature detective walks!
Alessandro, Father of 1
Moving to Basel from the U.S. while pregnant with my first baby has been an exciting adventure with unique challenges. It was such a relief to find the BCT community and meet other incredible mothers who have already successfully learned how to navigate the healthcare system, Swiss life, and parenting, in general. They provide the social support I need being away from family and friends, and their advice has been invaluable! Each week I look forward to attending the Bumps & Babes playgroup as an expecting mother where I feel fully welcomed and completely at ease with my new “family” here.
Emily, Expecting Mom of 1
Being a BCT Member has great advantages. Discounts from our Partners, free events, online workshops, new friends, new adventures and many more.
Join the BCT’s community! We would love to see you and your little one(s) at a event or in playgroup soon.